1 Chronicles 16:34
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
This year I am hands down thankful for so many things and instead of writing a gushy novel about it.. I thought I would list all the little things (and big) that give me an incredibly thankful mind, heart and attitude. SO shall I?..
1. I am first and foremost thankful for my heavenly Father. God you give me strength, hope and love like nothing ever will or possibly can. I thank You daily for not only the triumphs but challenges, as well, that continually shape me.
2. As cliche as it could possibly sound. I. Am. Thankful. For. My. Family. The christian spirit, the warmth they show me, the crazy amount of fun we all have, the compassion and drive each person holds and the humble nature shown. God blesses those who honor and live a worthy life and it is clear, for us, each day is always filled with blessings.
3. My loving, strong, handsome, goofy man that I have had the honor of calling my boyfriend now for 5 years. I honestly love that we have conquered so much together and have so much in life to look forward too still. I have no doubts he will always be a leader for us, an unforgettable lover and provider. We are following our own romantic filled path, in life, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. To each their own people! For us..there never will be a rush..time is too valuable.
4. My little Brody and my angel Portia...2 pets that I cared for as if they were babies from 1 pound each to nearly 10lbs. Portia you will always be missed and I am thankful for the rewarding time I had with you baby girl..you are with my daddy in heaven and that just fills my heart with joy and my mind with peace (he had such a love for dogs). Brody..we have so much of life to still embark together..you just turned 1 and have been the most nurturing lttle fella I could have asked for. Pups make you stop and notice the smallest beauties...like the colorful leaves on the ground..it's the little things...ya know?
5. I am thankful this year for a wonderful work place at Petal. Its been a roller coaster, no doubt, but the boutique world is like that! I have truly enjoyed doing many graphic design pieces and styled photo-shoots...so hopefully more will be to come! I am doing what I love and realizing money isn't what life is about...its loving what you do.
6. Having my apartment and being able to pay my own bills and not rely on anyone or anything is so rewarding. Yes I would be lying if I didn't say Id love to be a stay at home mom...but it does feel great getting my butt out of bed, putting on something other than workout clothes and making money for myself each day. Hopefully one day I can find a happy balance!
7. Decor, clothing, car, shoes (you know materialistic items) well I would lying to if I didn't say I am thankful for all of those items as well. Coming home to a furnished apartment and sleeping in my own bed and driving a car (with no car payments) and wearing trendy clothes and having an eye for great affordable decor....yes these are all things I am constantly thankful for and know there are millions of people with far less...if nothing. SO always thankful for my belongings.
8. I am thankful for my health (even if I have occasional bad anxiety or little occurrences) It is nothing like loosing a limb or having a mental illness or facing obesity...etc. I am a healthy young gal with beauty and a working mind ...so thank you God for well being.
9. As hard as it is to say..I am thankful for the hard changes I have had to embrace (no there are not too many) but yes not many girls loose their dad to cancer when they are about to go into highschool...not many girls change homes (family homes) 3 times in less than 8 years...not many girls have had their own pup (that they adopted and nurtured by themselves at 4 weeks old) murdered by a reckless driver in front of their home...not many girls have had a mom re-marry and a whole new family to become acquainted with...not many girls have had their best friends living in all different cities...the list could go on. But the beauty of it all..is that I am THANKFUL for these hard experiences as they have matured me and given me insight into what life is...how life is...and how to handle this life we live..and not many girl have that.
10. Lastly, I very very thankful for my friends. My entire life I have had the most outstanding, encouraging, humble and dear friends I could have ever asked for. I have rekindled old friendships this past year, developed new ones, and have cherished moments spent with my closest friends. I have realized the importance of having a few close friends rather than a slew of friends that barely care about you. I pretty much invest my time in those who invest in me. It is never hard to pick up the phone or shoot a text or send a friendly social media message... and those who do it willingly without expect of return are priceless. My lovely grandma always told my mom who now tells me daily.. "If you can count the number of close friends you have on 1 hand..you're one lucky person."
Thankfulness is a matter of your mind and heart. The best reminder to tell yourself (I tell myself it daily) is that God is the stem of everything we are ever thankful for. When you receive a gift or someone loves on you...instead of only thanking them....maybe take a few moments to thank the One who put that person in your life, God. Hope everyone eats lots of turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green bean casserole, potatoes and gravy ..and of course PIES GALORE (we currently have pumpkin, pecan and apple pies already baked and ready to go!) Cheers to a wonderful weekend with family friends and even maybe a stranger.