3 Things: Random Thoughts
1. Hello holidays..ready or not you're here! I am so excited for Christmas and my birthday (the 26th) mostly because they are back to back and filled with an over abundance of love and joy. That is really the main reason I have never been upset about my birthday falling the day RIGHT after Christmas. For one, I have never ever been in school on my birthday (a plus in my mind), I always had mom home and friends over making cookies and sometimes sledding (if it snowed), Everyone is always in extremely gift giving moods which means I never did or do get less presents because everyone is gift giving left and right and lastly I always feel like I am somehow closer to Jesus having my birthday the 26th (I know that's silly but growing up it made me smile). SO, I think it's evident I have no complaints!! Bring on 25 and all it has to offer!
2. Can I just say how much I adore this outfit on Chloe (our web model)!? It looks killer styled with a red hat and black booties. I think sometimes we need to step out of this whole grey/black/neutral pattern and add some pops of color to the equation. Just because it's Fall doesn't mean we have to get all dreary up in here. I am adding color to my favorite neutral pieces for added flare that makes you feel and look good. This is our "Sydney Hat" in red which can be found here and the dress will be live tomorrow!
3. Corey and I are about to make all of our favorite Christmas cookies and put them in cute tins for this month to munch on! My mom did this growing up where we would spend maybe 4 hours in the kitchen just baking cookie after cookie from scratch...all while dancing to our favorite Amy Grant Christmas hits (haha). Nothing in this world in (my mind) is better than my childhood memories. Anywho, the first 4 types will be chocolate no bakes, pecan crescent, peanut butter kiss cookies and our favorites...chewy sugar cookies! Here is the recipe Ill be using for the pecan crescent cookies if you wanna try them in your kitchen! They are insanely delicious and a perfect after dinner treat!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and
- fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs and shape
- into crescents. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are
- lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire
- racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Yield: 6 dozen.