5 Things: Getting Excited
1. I am so thrilled to finally be opening my booth, BECKS, this Thursday! It has been a ton of planning/organizing but all the inventory will be ready to purchase by the weekend. BECKS is located at Golden Antiques (Summerfield, NC) and will offer a wide variety of decor, handmade items and furniture with a vintage edge. We are starting out incredibly small and will hopefully grow in due time!
2. Corey and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary this Friday! As my sisters would probably say... "put a ring on it already." However, we are taking this relationship nice and steady. Marriage (to us) is a big deal and I think we both are wanting to be financially set (have plenty money saved not just acquiring great jobs). We also want to be emotionally set.. ready for traveling, raising a family, buying a home and the list goes on. We want to have God first in our lives and make sure our timing is His timing. I can't help but wonder how many people wish they waited longer before getting "wed." A good friend told me (after reading a very interesting study) that those who waited until around the age of 30 (before getting married) were significantly happier and had better relationships. SO to each their own people! If Corey and I wait 4 more years ..who cares..we may just be the most happy of all ;)
3. It's almost Easter! My family already did some celebrating this past weekend (due to several family members being busy this weekend). We had such an incredible time goofing around and enjoying the company of one another. My step dad, Mike, made a delicious meal (he was a trooper too..just having surgery on his foot!). We let the little ones do an egg hunt and they were the cutest ever..exploring and gathering all the eggs in their tiny little hands. Love watching them grow up together and the bonds they are creating. This weekend we will be celebrating with Corey's family and I'm looking forward to seeing all of them!
4. Talk about gorgeous weather! I noticed they have planted hydrangeas right outside my door (which made my day) and they are starting to bloom..finally! Can't wait to just wear dresses everyday.. of course with all my swimwear. Flowers always turn my day into bliss and love that the families I nanny for have them everywhere!
5. Finally finished the Ottoman (pics in the post below) and love the way it turned out. We spent some time on it yesterday..painting and completely finishing it! This space has transformed so much and I couldn't have done it without my handyman and dear friend Mel. Love the hues of blues, neutrals and crimson that combine to make such a fun spring combo. It is for sure DIY time of year!