3 Things: What's New
1. I am so looking forward to my step brother, Aaron's, wedding this weekend!! He will be getting hitched to one beautiful girl inside and out, Christin Lane. These two lovebirds are so cute and I know their wedding will be such a fun bash filled with memories in the making!! Cheers you two!
2. I am getting back into the swing of all things DIY.. and have stumbled across these adorable gold glittered vases! They are unique and perfect decor for the Fall. Using a mason jar, gold glitter, spray adhesive (my new favorite thing) and a top coat...this eye catching piece can be made in minutes! Here is a pic of a final product (picture from Pinterest).
3. I am in the process of gathering most of my beloved scrumptious recipes that are filled with fresh apples, pumpkin, oats, and honey..aka lots of desserts and treats! Lets face it, this time of year nothing pairs more perfectly with a vanilla bean latte than a pumpkin chocolate chip oat bar (delish!). Here is a recipe below I am whipping up in the next few days..it is also gluten and vegan free for all you health nuts! Here is the recipe- Link Below!
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x11 or 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make oat flour: Place oatmeal into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended.
- Measure out just 2 1/2 cups of the oat flour and place in a medium bowl. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla extract, oil, and applesauce for 1-2 minutes until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Slowly add in oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Timing will depend on what size pan you use, but definitely check around 15 minutes. Once finished baking, cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Cut into 16 slices.
Bars can be frozen. Simply bake, cool, cut; store in ziploc bag. Reheat individually for 30 seconds in microwave.
Make sure you read all ingredients and nutrition info to ensure recipe is gluten free/vegan, if that is what you desire.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 128 Fat: 4.3g Carbohydrates: 21.6g Sugar: 9.2g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 2.6g