Taste & tell--Ham & Cheese Sliders
Growing up, these have always been one of my mom's specialties. I adore the way she makes them (with her special touch) and no matter how many times I watch her create these scrumptious bites, I never seem to make them EXACTLY the was she does. Here is a recipe that comes pretty close to the real deal and I will say they are a huge party/crowd pleaser! I will snack on hem for a quick protein bite or add them to some fruits and veggies for a full-on meal. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup miracle whip
Poppy seed sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1½ Tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm. Note: Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don't like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture.
Source: adapted from Our Recipe Club