Taste & Tell: Stuffed Shells
SIMPLE & CLASSIC STUFFED SHELLS
PREP TIME- 15 mins
COOK TIME- 30 mins
TOTAL TIME- 45 mins
Serves: 4 - 6 servings
- 1 box of Jumbo Shells, 12 oz
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese, approx 4 cups
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 jars Bertolli Olive OIl & Garlic Tomato Sauce, 24 oz each
- Cook shells according to package directions. Place in cold water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder. Rub the dried herbs in the palms of your hands to pulverize them, and stir into the cheese mixture. Stuff mixture into the shells.
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 15 x 10 inch pan. Place shells open side up, and close together in pan. Spread remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.